Why Athletes Choose Bay Laurel Athletics
**No More Long Waits:**
- Say goodbye to weeks or months of waiting. We prioritize getting you started on your rehab journey promptly.
**Tailored to Your Schedule:**
- We understand the demands of your busy schedule. Our programs are designed to accommodate your training and practices seamlessly. We accept special requests.
- Leave no stone unturned. Our thorough evaluation ensures that we don't miss any crucial details that can make a significant difference in your recovery and performance.
- We believe in taking action from day one. No time is wasted as we initiate rehabilitation and training immediately, providing you with instant pain relief and tangible progress from the start.
**Real Solutions, Not Band-Aids:**
- We go beyond quick fixes. We are committed to offering all our clients real, sustainable solutions for lasting results.
**No Overprescribing Rest:**
- We understand the importance of rest, but we don't overprescribe it. Our approach is strategic, ensuring the right balance to minimize rest for optimal recovery.
- Unlike others, we don't undertrain our athletes, which only prolongs rehab. Our programs are designed for maximum efficiency, propelling you toward your peak performance.
- We don't believe in partial rehab. Our goal is your full recovery. Experience comprehensive rehabilitation that addresses the root causes, not just the symptoms.
Choose Bay Laurel Athletics for a proactive, results-driven approach to physical therapy. Your journey to optimal performance starts here, without the unnecessary delays or compromises.
At Bay Laurel Athletics, our dedication is focused on ensuring that our athletes achieve a full recovery, reemerge stronger than ever, expedite their sporting return, and minimize their chances of re-injury.
We Pull Out All The Stops
Sport-specific physical therapy and rehabilitation emphasizing the 6 key components - flexibility, strength, stability, endurance, agility/coordination, and power - training athletes at the high level essential for them to bounce back in their sport achieving peak performance levels while mitigating the danger of re-injury and recurrent injuries.
Manual therapy reconditions body tissues to enhance circulation, speed up recovery, and reshape tissues. Manual therapy encompasses soft tissue kneading, joint movements, muscle power and guided motion.
Blood Flow Restriction
Blood Flow Restriction Therapy is a controlled form of vascular occlusion combined with resistance training or exercise that allows you to build strength while exercising at a lower intensity with improved tolerance to those with injury and accelerates recovery.
Active Release Technique - A non-invasive treatment system precisely engineered to locate and quickly resolve soft-tissue disorders. ART focuses on relieving tissue tension via the removal of fibrosis/adhesions which can develop in tissues as a result of overload due to repetitive use.
Cupping or Myofascial Decompression (MFD) is a negative pressure soft tissue treatment technique using suction to manipulate the skin and underlying soft tissues. Cupping or MFD is used to treat soft tissue injuries and increase flexibility.
Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) is used for myofascial restriction. IASTM uses specially designed instruments to provide a mobilizing effect to scar tissue and myofascial adhesions to increase soft tissue extensibility.
We Address The Whole Body
We treat ankle and foot injuries from pain to strains and sprains to fractures. We also see tendonitis and shin splints.
The most common knee injury we see in youth and adolescents is patella tendonitis aka Jumper's knee and Osgood-Schlatter disease. We also see meninscus, MCL, LCL, ACL and PCL injuries.
Our athletes rehab from hip problems like impingement, piriformis syndrome and glute weakness.
Our athletes get out the cycle of back pain before it turns into a chronic condition.
We make sure our athletes aren't being held back in their sport by neck pain contributed by being a student sitting in class all day and carrying heavy backpacks.
Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist
We keep our athletes' upper bodies strong so they don't end up with tendinitis and tears.
Don't wait! Start your rehab today!
Injury Prevention Screening
15 minute screening session
Injury risk score given
Recommendations for results
Recommended ages 12 years and up
Physical Therapy Evaluation or
Single Physical Therapy Session
Sports Physical Therapy Evaluation
Personalized 1:1 session with PT
60 minute session
6-Session Physical Therapy Package
6 - 60 minute sessions
Sports-Specific Physical Therapy